一、 「自殺防治學」為台灣自殺防治學會所出版之同儕評審且開放取用(open access)之學術雜誌。凡與自殺防治相關之跨專業領域學術論著，均為本誌刊載之對象，但以未曾投稿於其它雜誌者為限。
四、 人體試驗、人類研究必須有倫理委員會之同意。研究對象基於人權保護，需經IRB(Institutional Review Board)或CRB (Community Review Board)核准，並於研究方法中敘述。
1. 中、英文：題目、姓名、單位、簡題 (running title)。
2. 通訊作者之姓名、地址、電話號碼及 E-mail。
七、 稿件之第二頁需包括中英文摘要，字數限300字以內，並附關鍵詞(key words) (至多6個)。摘要內容涵蓋:背景/目的、方法、結果與結論。中、英文摘要內容需對照一致。
十、 參考文獻限50篇內，均需按照引用的先後順序排列。在文中引用處，以阿拉伯數字方括弧標示於引用之後，例、…。參考文獻的著者為3名或3名以下時需要全部列出，為4名以上時只列出前3名，其它著者以et al.(等)代替，文獻之簡寫請依照Index Medicus之型式。參考文獻書寫之範例如下：
- 雜誌：著者姓名：題目。雜誌簡稱 年份；卷數：起訖頁數。
- Wu CY, Lee MB: Self-efficacy, mental health help-seeking, and suicidality in lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender adults in Taiwan: a cross-sectional study. J Clin Nursing 2021;30(15-16):2270-8.
- Lee MB, Liao SC, Lee YJ, et al: Development and verification of validity and reliability of a short screening instrument to identify psychiatric morbidity. J Formos Med Assoc 2003; 102(10): 687-94.
- Parsons AH, Parsons PH: Health Care Ethics. Toronto: Wall & Emerson, Inc., 1992; 24-4.
- Esposito-Smythers C, Perloe A, Machell K, et al: Suicidal and nonsuicidal self-harm behaviors and substance use disorders. In: Kaminer Y, ed. Youth Substance Abuse and Co-occurring Disorders, 1st ed. Arlington: American Psychiatric Association Publishing, 2016; 227-52.
十一、 文稿繕打格式：原稿請使用 A4 紙張 12 號字型，一律隔行(double space)繕打，左右邊界 3 公分，並請編頁碼。文稿提交需依下列次序: 標題頁、摘要、內文(含誌謝)、參考文獻與圖表。
十二、 文末必須註明是否有接受任何來源之贊助(financial disclosure)，以及利益衝突(conflict of interest)等。
Instructions to Authors
- The Journal of Suicidology (JOS) is the peer-reviewed open-access publication of the Taiwanese Society of Suicidology. The JOS welcomes the submission of articles from multidisciplinary fields of suicidology. The manuscripts must be original and must not have been previously published in or currently submitted for publication to any other journal.
- Categories of articles: The categories of articles published include: editorials, letters to the editor, review articles, original articles, special articles, and case report. The editorial is invited.
- Letters to the Editor: Letters are welcome in response to articles previously published in this journal or issues related to suicide. They should be no more than 1,800 words. They may include references.
- Review Articles: These include overviews and comments on specific topics of suicidology. They should include comprehensive list of references. Review articles are critical assessments of topical issues in research or clinical practice. Systematic methods for inclusion of all data sources and critical review of those sources should be described in the paper.
- Special Articles: In this category, authors make a brief review and summarize the present state of knowledge, sharing the opinions and comments on a specific topic of suicidology without the statistical conclusion. They should include a list of recommended references.
- Original Articles: These should be original and include the following sections: Introduction, Materials and Methods, Results, and Discussion. Subheadings in long papers are acceptable if needed for clarification and ease of reading. The Introduction should address the objectives of the paper. The Materials and Methods section should identify the sampling, explain the study methods and state the statistical procedures used in the research. The Results should include pertinent findings and necessary tables and figures. The Discussion should contain the conclusions based on the findings, review of relevant literature, the application of the conclusions and implications for future research.
- Case reports: Case reports should include statements of the problem, clinical manifestations, methods of treatment, and outcome. In the main body of the text, the “Materials and Methods” and “Results” sections should be replaced by the “Case Report(s)” section, which should include statements of the problem, patient history, diagnosis, treatment, results, and any other information pertinent to the case(s). All other sections should follow the format for original articles.
- Length of manuscript: There are no restrictions on word count for the text. Nevertheless, the JOS encourages authors to present and discuss their findings concisely.
- Ethical Approval of Studies and Informed Consent
For human investigations, appropriate institutional review board or ethics committee approval is required, and such approval should be stated in the methods section of the manuscript. For those investigators who do not have formal ethics review committees, the principles outlined in the Declaration of Helsinki should be followed (World Medical Association. Declaration of Helsinki: ethical principles for medical research involving human subjects. Available at: http://www.wma.net/e/policy/pdf/17c.pdf).
- Cover letter: The following points should be stated in the cover letter: a declaration states that all of the authors agree with the contents of the article. All authors should have participated sufficiently in the work to take public responsibility for the content, and should have made substantial contributions to the following aspects of the work: (a) conception and design; (b) analysis and interpretation of the data; (c) drafting the article or revising it critically for intellectual content; and (d) final approval of the version to be published.
- The title page should include the title, names, academic degrees and affiliations of the authors, and contact details of corresponding author(s). The title page should include a running title of not more than 40 letters.
- The second page should include an abstract of no more than 300 words. The abstract of original articles should include the background/purpose, methods of study, results and conclusions. The abstract page should include no more than 6 key words. Abstracts for Case Reports, Special Articles, and Reviews are unstructured, but should include information on the background/purpose of the report, methods, results (or case report), and conclusions.
- Tables, figures and legends should be typed on a separate page. There should be no more than 6 tables, figures and legends in the manuscript. The first letter of the title and subtitle should be in capital letters, as well as the first letter of special terms.
- References in the text should be set off in brackets and numbered according to the order in which they are referred to in the manuscript. Arabic numbers should be used for reference numbers. In general, the number of references should not exceed 50. Authors are responsible for the accuracy and completeness of their references and for correct text citation.
- Journal references with more than three authors should list only the first three authors followed by the notation “et al.”. Abbreviations in the form used by Index Medicus should be used for all journal titles. If the reference is in a language which does not use the Roman alphabet, it should be translated into English, and the language of the original should appear in parentheses following the citation of the reference. Examples of references are shown below:
- Journal articles: authors, title, journal name, year of publication, volume number and inclusive page numbers (first to last).
-Wu CY, Lee MB: Self-efficacy, mental health help-seeking, and suicidality in lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender adults in Taiwan: a cross-sectional study. J Clin Nursing 2021;30(15-16):2270-8.
-Lee MB, Liao SC, Lee YJ, et al : Development and verification of validity and reliability of a short screening instrument to identify psychiatric morbidity. J Formos Med Assoc 2003;102(10): 687-94.
- Books: author, title of chapter, editor, title of book, edition, place of publication, publisher, year, pages.
-Parsons AH, Parsons PH: Health Care Ethics. Toronto: Wall & Emerson, Inc., 1992; 24-4.
-Esposito-Smythers C, Perloe A, Machell K, et al : Suicidal and nonsuicidal self-harm behaviors and substance use disorders. In: Kaminer Y, ed. Youth Substance Abuse and Co-occuring Disorders, 1st ed. Arlington: American Psychiatric Association Publishing, 2016; 227-52.
- Manuscripts, including tables, references and figure legends, must by typewritten, double-spaced, on one side only of A4 paper, with margins of at least 3 cm. Pages should be numbered consecutively, beginning with the title page. Manuscripts must be submitted electronically in the following order: title page, abstract, text, (acknowledgments), references, tables and figure legends. The manuscript should be saved as a text file or as a Microsoft Word file.
- Disclosure of Conflicts of Interest
All authors are required to sign and submit a financial disclosure statement at the time of manuscript submission. Authors who have no relevant financial interests should provide a statement indicating that they have no financial interests related to the material in the manuscript.
- All right reserved. No part of the published article may be reproduced, stored in a retrieval system or transmitted, in any form or by any means, electronic, mechanical, photocopying, recording or otherwise, without permission in writing from the publisher. All authors must sign a statement of authorship responsibility and copyright transfer prior to publication of their paper. This form will be provided by the Taiwanese Society of Suicidology.
- Manuscript Submission: Manuscripts should be submitted electronically via our online submission system. Website: https://www.ipress.tw/J0212. Currently, no submission or publication fees are charged.